This week is Congenital Heart Disease Awareness Week, and I feel lucky to have been nominated for the Inspiring Blog Award at just the right time, thanks to Shelagh at The Open Jar. In thanks — and in an effort to pay it forward — I’d like to share and nominate these inspiring blogs of people in health struggles with their children — and one blog that offers fuel to get us through it.
- Little Earthling Blog: Apollo’s Story — the first story of a double aortic arch that I ever read online.
- Love That Max — a beautiful story of a mom and of kids with special needs who kick butt
- Charlotte’s Journey Home — the journey of a child with CHD and her awesome advocate of a mom
- Superman Sam — a cancer story followed by nearly the entire north shore of Chicago last year as Sam fought valiantly until his family went on to carry the torch
- Cybele Pascal’s Allergy Blog — practical advice for when food allergies and restrictions seem overwhelming
Thank you, Shelagh! If anyone out there has someone to nominate, please feel free to share a link in the comments.